I love all the comments and the screaming and cheering when the winner is revealed. I realized at the end of the night I didn't take any pictures from the party but I did take a picture of the trophy I made for the winner of the pool.
Since we can't gamble (we are teachers after all) I thought the winner needed a little something special. Meet the gold monster. It is a pile of Happy Meal toys epoxied together. (I had to scavenge them from other children because we don't go to McDonalds, remember? Hehehe, nod along with me like I'm right.) I then spray painted the whole thing gold. That was fun. Maddy didn't care for that effect because the animals' eyes disappear. I used my plain old ink jet printer to print on a piece of ribbon so it says Idol Winner 2009.
[Note: print on paper first, tape the ribbon onto the printed area, print again onto the ribbon, it rocks!!]
I know you will be making one of these exquisite gems when you can find the right opportunity. The base is one of those unfinished wooden plaques from the craft store. Any excuse for a trip to the craft store is good for me, even if it's for a 50¢ wooden plaque. That's because it's never for just a 50¢ wooden plaque.
2 comments:
Fun! I did like the commotion at the end and that there were people who all had to digest that Kris actually won!!! Unfortunately, Chad deleted it, I would have liked to watch it again just so I could focus because it was hard for me to concentrate with everyone there and talking.
Thank you for hosting the party! Your house is just perfect, especially for Jordan!!! He loves all the toys!
Wiping tears. Oh how I wish I could have gone. Next year I'm going to save all my pennies so I can fly out there for the party!
I L.O.V.E. that trophy. You are the coolest! What a clever idea. Man, you are so talented.
Post a Comment