Happy Mother's Day!I had a wonderful day. Marc, Maddy and I hung out together and had a great time. We went to Home Depot to order a new storm door, we went to Ikea and browsed the 1 million items we do not need and bought only 3 of them. We played Candyland, built potato heads, watched Barney (it's growing on me, but I still find it annoying), read the entire Sunday paper, and ate a lovely dinner of taco salad with my rendition of a creamy cilantro dressing, copying my favorite from Hot Tamales restaurant nearby. It was pretty darn good.
Now that Maddy is winding down into sleepy time, grandma is going to sneak over and let us go see Star Trek. Yippee!! I'm totally geeking out and loving it. We even stopped at Burger King to buy the set of 4 glasses.
I love a day that is positively normal and extremely special all at the same time.
1 comment:
Fun! We had a very normal day...except I slept for a lot of it. It is totally what I needed, just a day to rest and catch up. Bonus, I get to go to the O Salon and Spa down the street (at some point). Chad signed me up for a mani/pedi, I'm debating if I'm gonna do that or maybe a massage. Can't wait!
Post a Comment