Maddy was lying on the floor totally still and silent with huge eyes. I think she had the wind knocked out of her and she was shocked by the events that just happened. I scooped her up, which opened the floodgates sending her into screams and sobs. It took a few minutes to calm down, but when she did, boy was she mad! She stormed off to tell the dad of that boy what happened. I wish I could have heard her, as she stormed away (without me) and she told me she was going to go tell him "The truf!" (the truth).
She told me later what she said to the dad, "What's wrong with that boy? That was not nice!" The dad called the boy over and made him apologize. Maddy told me she said to the boy, "That was not nice, let's be friends instead." Even if she never actually said that to him, she said it to me, so that's what she thought about the incident, and I was very, very proud of her. This girl is not going to let anyone bully her. I don't know where she got this particular trait, it is not from either Marc or me. We are both conflict avoiders. I didn't even go say something to the kid and his dad.

I will close my proud Maddy moment with a totally girly picture of her tonight in her new Ariel nightgown, striking a pose.

3 comments:
Maddy is amazing. She'll love hearing about this story when she's older.
I know what you mean about the confrontation, I am so anti-confrontation. I'm not good at someone confronting me and I'm not good at confronting someone else...unless it's at a restaurant or a store or something and I feel like I was treated unfairly. I'm getting older and more mature about standing my ground and talking to people, but it is not something that comes naturally to me. I'm glad that Maddy is willing to stand up for herself though. *snap*
Ask Kathy about the lady in the Cadillac when we were walking into the mall last Monday.
One thing about my job at New Trier; I am much more conflict pursuant than I used to be.
Oh, and the lady had it coming. :)
Post a Comment