Monday, November 10, 2008

The Paper Maché Bowl Part 2


We finished painting the paper maché bowl, but Miss Maddy decided she wanted to use it for her alphabet blocks instead of giving it to grandma. I think this is probably a good idea for our first effort. After trying it once we learned a few things that will make it better next time. We needed more layers around the bottom edge of the bowl (which becomes the top) and when we did our second layer (after the first one dried) we should have put it back on the bowl. The heavy, wet second layer caused it to push out of shape a bit. We both really like how it turned out, so we will keep this one and make another for grandma.

1 comment:

Jen Vincent said...

Ah! You are up early! I just commented on your chili post and all of a sudden you posted this!! I love it!!! I am so excited to paper mache myself. I got a newspaper and cut all the pieces already, now I just have to find some time to get dirty! I can't wait!

I also just read the blog Kidding Around that you have as a favorite. I just read the whole thing! I love it! She has some really cute homemade ideas. I'm totally inspired and I can't wait to make some cool Christmas stuff! We'll see how it all turns out!