Monday, November 17, 2008

Meet Miss Molly


I found this great pattern on Wee Wonderfuls' web site. I thought I would give it a whirl, I couldn't resist those little faces. Here is my first attempt at a doll. She is not done, there is a gash in the back of her head because I had to cut a hole and dig out a lost needle. She has already had a run-in with some fruit punch, but a Tide stain pen got most of it out ( that's some amazing stuff). She needs under-gear and shoes, which will probably never get done, but all in all, I think she's pretty cool. She is supposed to look something like little Miss Maddy, sort of. I am pretty proud of myself, it's way more sewing than I can usually do without giving up. Maddy likes hugging her, and wanted to call her Guacamole as well, but I turned the mole into Molly. Guacamolly, hehehe.

6 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

I love the doll!!! That is soo cute! It's adorable. It looks great! I think Maddy will have fun with it. Are you going to make fun outfits for her?

I saw your post about Twilight. For the giveaway you have to live in Utah to go pick up the prize if you win. Unfortunately, I don't live in Utah. :( Maybe Laura could enter?!?!

Speaking of Twilight, there are tickets available on Fandango for the Showplace theatre which is the one behind On the Border/Wal-Mart. $6.00. 12:02, it is the second showing they are going to have. What do you think? Let me know and I'll buy them, or you can if you want and I'll pay you back. So excited!!!

Unknown said...

DARLING! I loved dolls growing up especially the ones my mom or grandma made for me. Maddy is so lucky to have you as her momma!

Unknown said...

PS Totally jealous you are going to the midnight showing of Twilight. Wish I could go with you guys! Think of me please.

Anonymous said...

I really love this doll! I know it has been a lot of work, but it's made better than any doll you could get at a store and it came from your heart ... not China. Added plus... NO LEAD! I love you.

Jen Vincent said...

I think it is soooooo cute that Marc reads your blog and posts and says he loves you. You are so lucky. :)

hbonfield said...

It's a beautiful doll! Guacamolly. I love it.