
I don't know who Ben is, but I made his Awesome Chipotle Chili recipe tonight. Thanks, Ben! I made a side of cornbread to go with it, and it was MMM MMM GOOD!
This is definitely a meat lovers chili, you could hardly see the beans when it was done. I have never used chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, but when I went to the store there was a can sitting right there on the shelf just waiting for its chance to be noticed. The chili had a tangy flavor, not too hot, but just enough spice to linger for a bit. A little shredded cheese and sour cream add both coolness and color, making it just as visually appealing as it is tasty. Now that winter is coming, everyone needs a good chili recipe to warm you up. Ok, I'm sounding a bit too much like a food critic! LOL.
What food comes to mind when you think of cold winter nights?
3 comments:
Soup in a bread bowl.
Sounds yummy!!!
We have made French Onion Soup lately! I kind of made up a recipe and it's probably way oversimplified but Chad and I like the taste and don't really know better. I first saute onions in some EVOO until they are browned a little bit, then I add beef broth and let it start to simmer. I buy the Cheesy Texas Toast you can get at the grocery store in the frozen food section, I cook those in the oven and then stick one in the soup. Yum! We usually put a piece of mozzarella in the soup too and it gets all gooey. Sooooo good!
Soup... the perfect food. I made vegetable soup this past weekend which kept us feeling better about the not so nice weather outside. Patrick called to ask how to make Potato Soup. Lindsey had made vegetable soup also and he said it was good but now he was hungry for some potato soup which Lindsey doesn't like and wasn't going to try to make. I haven't talked to him to ask how his potato soup tasted. Surely not as good as MoM makes.
Post a Comment