Monday, November 17, 2008

More Things You Might Not Know About Me

I have read blogs where people can list 100 things (Laura). I can't think of that many at once, so I'll post 'em as I think of 'em. The other night I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of the best things to put on my list, but now I can't remember them.

10. I sleep-talk, and sometimes I sleep-jump-out-of-bed-while-sleep-talking, which always freaks out Marc.
9. I have to have some light on when I sleep. If I wake up in the pitch black I don't know where I am. You'd think I'd know I'm sleeping in my own bed, but no, I don't know that, and it freaks me out.
8. I have had several times in my life (usually when dealing with great stress) where I wake up and can't figure out if the dream was real and my awake life was just a dream. Totally freaky.
7. I very rarely drink any alcohol. One glass of wine slowly sipped once or twice a year and that's it. My beverage of choice is Coke, but I think everyone knows that about me.
6. I stuff Kleenex up my sleeves, but I don't stuff it anywhere else, I promise.
5. I really, really like Cadbury cream eggs, but I only want them around Easter. I don't want any Halloween or Christmas versions, or Butterfinger or Snickers versions. It's just wrong.
4. My all time favorite movie is Dirty Dancing, followed closely by Terms of Endearment. I can quote DD almost verbatim. I had the whole DD look happenin' in college. I had the white Keds, the bermuda length cut off jeans, and the just above the shoulder permed hair. I have photos to prove it.
3. I am finally going to grow my hair out, again. I have had short hair for almost 7 years, it's time. I don't usually take this long to change hair lengths, I just hate growing it out. I don't know if I'll make it, check back in a year.
2. My hair has only been its natural color for about 3 years total since I was 14.
1. I was a Girl Scout from 1st grade until 12th grade. I was with the same troop from grades 4-12. We didn't do much girly Girl Scout stuff, we did Boy Scout stuff. We camped, we hiked, we made awesome camp fires. We lashed and chopped and orienteered and we sang our hearts out. I must know 100+ camp songs, and yes, I can start a campfire with one match.
There. 10 things with details. Voila!
(Marc just pointed out that Boy Scouts don't sing campfire songs. Their loss!)

2 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

Love it! When you posted last time about things we might not know about you, I totally was going to do it but I really can't think of anything that compares to all the cool places you have been. I've been thinking...I'll have to try harder I guess.

I thought your sleeping things were funny! Crazy as it is, Chad and I are the same way! I totally talk in my sleep and I'll sleep walk, too. Chad is more of the kind of person who wakes up and thinks he's still dreaming and will go running into the other room or throw the covers off or whatever. Totally drives me crazy! Remind me to tell you what happened to us when we chaperoned the 8th grade trip to DC...that was wild. I definitely think that stress has a lot to do with it. Now that it's basketball season Chad will be up in the middle of the night leading the nonexistent team in drills. Sleep is a crazy thing!

hbonfield said...

I knew some of these things about you, but #4 I had no idea. FUNNY. I don't even know how many times I saw that movie at the theater when I was in high school, but it was many. And to this day I also could probably quote most of the scenes. Oh, I rocked that look too... but then again, I think most of us did back then. Perms - yikes. We'll have to compare photos.