Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lazy Days Skirt


The website Oliver + S has a pattern for the Lazy Days Skirt. I held myself back for about two weeks but I could no longer resist and had to try it. This is my kind of pattern. The sewing is straight stitching with no fancy skills needed. Most of the detail work is done at the ironing board! I had a great time making them, and Maddy was asleep (almost) the whole time. I had to deal with the blasting leaf blowers all over the neighborhood, but once she settled down I was able to make two skirts, clean up my mess, put everything away, take pictures and post them on my blog. She is going to love them!

This is a close-up of the bug print with the ribbon trimmed hem.

I give this project a two-thumbs-up, I didn't have any trouble. I didn't swear, I didn't cry, and I didn't have to rip out ANY stitches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comments yet? How could these skirts not have solicited comments yet?! The photographs are BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you captured the details. But, really, these skirts are cutest on Maddy!! You two are having so much fun together!! You are really lucky. :)

Jen Vincent said...

I think the skirts are so cute! I had no idea you were sooooooo creative. I love it! I love that you are sharing all your projects. It makes me want to do something crafty. Maybe this weekend I will really do it...although I don't think Jordan will look cute in homemade skirts...

Colleen said...

These skits are absolutely wonderful. I can just picture Miss Maddy modeling them. I think maybe Pyper will want to have one or two in her wardrobe, when she is a little older. And I bet Pyper's daddy can make them for her!