- Pronunciation:
- \ˌän-ˈwē\
- (on-we, think French and it will sound right)
His ears were made of real rabbit fur, and beneath the fur, there were strong, bendable wires, which allowed the ears to be arranged into poses that reflected the rabbit’s mood—jaunty, tired, full of ennui.
How great is that paragraph? I am going to try to find a way to use ennui in a sentence in the next week. Can you?
3 comments:
I'm going to have to look up how to pronounce that word. That's a tricky one. It's definitely a word that I have never heard, and surely, never used, before. I'm glad the word of the day is back!
I don't know. I think that word is boring. ;-)
Kisses and hugs
I totally forgot to try and use it on Monday! I have to say I've been thinking about it randomly this week...especially because I just read TMJofET, but it's hard. Boring would be easy enough but boredom doesn't seem as common to me.
Can I veto the word "fundamental"? I am fundamentally catapulted into a state of ennui when I hear Obama say "fundamental". Ugh.
Post a Comment