
I really like Groundhog Day. I never thought much about it growing up in the Pacific Northwest, but when you are hiding out during the 4 (or more) long months of winter in the Midwest, Groundhog Day becomes a symbol of the beginning of the end. I know winter is still going to hang on for 6 weeks or so, but after that we can expect a gradual warming into the best season of all, SPRING! YAY!
So, Happy Groundhog Day everyone, spring really is on the way.
We celebrated around here with cookies. Aren't they cute? They remind me of the critter from Caddyshack. It's fun to bite their little heads off. He he he he...
While I'm at it, I have to tell you about the cookie cutter. I found it on Amazon, but it comes from a separate retail store. I put it in my shopping cart and then realized the $2 cookie cutter had $7 in shipping! I did what anyone would do in this situation, I bought more cookie cutters! :-) Now I have a polar bear and a really cool snowflake and a sign language sign for I love you and a cute little heart! On another blog I saw a gnome cookie cutter . I need that one. Yes, need. It's my little way of saving the economy, one cookie cutter at a time. Or, uh, several cookie cutters at a time. I will have to find a local shop that carries cookie cutters so I can go crazy without the shipping. This world needs more people handing out cookies.
3 comments:
I would be adding more cookie cutters as well. So smart of you.
Love the cookie cutter. I'm going to get me one of those!
When Chad said you made groundhog cookies I totally could not even picture what it was going to look like. I think it's really cute though! And they taste so yummy! I'm not sure I even own one cookie cutter. Is that sad? If I had a bigger kitchen...maybe. I have no place to store any fun kitchen stuff. I haven't really made that many sugar cookies in my life anyway, I'm really good at burning stuff and sugar cookies have always seemed so easy to burn without me to add my unluckiness in that department...but maybe I'll get brave someday and try it. :)
Post a Comment