Yesterday was Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday. Maddy and I stopped by my school to enjoy some of their festivities, including an enormous birthday cake and Pin-the-Beard-on-Lincoln. My wonderful replacement this year, Linda, planned all sorts of fun things. Oh my goodness did Maddy ever have fun! She had lots of cake, pinned on Lincoln's beard, played with all the goodies in the library and invaded a class in the computer lab. She is totally at home with the big kids. I have a feeling if I dropped her off she could stay all day and be busy and active and having fun the whole time. She loves the big kids, they talk to her and ask her questions. I looked over once and she was sitting at a table with the older kids chatting away. Thanks, Linda, we had so much fun!Oh yeah, notice the frog boots! And this time she has clothes on.
2 comments:
The picture cracks me up! Bannockburn is such a great environment. I think it's great the Maddy gets to hang out with big kids!
Linda is so great! I wish I could just pop over and enjoy the BB activities. I think I see Alexander in the background and it makes me a little weepy. I miss those crazy kids, even with all of their drama!
Post a Comment