Thursday, December 4, 2008

PooPoo Extravaganza

Today, during Maddy's pre-naptime constitutional, she decided to take off her diaper and play with her poopoo. I was fully aware she was seeking her "privacy" but I didn't know the poopoo extravaganza was happening. Maddy went to the downstairs bathroom, pulled off her pants and her diaper, and must have wondered what it would be like to touch the poopoo. In an attempt to clean up after herself, she smeared it all over the toilet seat, the toilet brush, the toilet paper roll, the sink and the counter top. Oh, and herself. Then, the sweet child wanted to show me what she did, so she found me sorting the mail at the kitchen table. She proudly showed me what a great job she did with her hands. I scooped her up, ever so carefully, and plopped her on a stool in front of the upstairs bathroom sink where I let her play with the squirt soap and warm water until I got back. I wiped down everything I could downstairs with bathroom spray and papertowels, then went back up to check on the poopoo princess. She was scrubbing away on her hands, so I did the same. After 4 or 5 good scrubbings my hands still feel like they will never be clean again. A fresh clean diaper later and the kid just about fell asleep before her head hit the pillow. I am putting this on the record so I can someday show it to her first boyfriend. :-)
Now, I am going to go put everything that even was in the same proximity with the bathroom into the wash, including everything I have on. Then I am going to scrub my hands once again.
Oh, the joys of a 2 year old!

1 comment:

Jen Vincent said...

AH! That really doesn't sound like fun!