
This is Marc here. Taking a quick break from cleaning floors. Today is our Christmas Eve Eve party with my Dad, Elyse, Luc, Heidi, and Rick so we've been getting the house ready for our celebration. My dad is bringing his awesome Beef Burgundy. I'm making mashed potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms for side dishes, and Kathy is making this really great vegetable dish (if you know Kathy then you should be picking yourself up off the floor right now because she doesn't normally like vegetables in general, but she found a recipe she actually likes!). We have a huge cake that Kathy bought, cookies and fudge that she made, and presents for Grandpa and Elyse! Maddy is going to have such a great time. She loves her Uncles and Grandpa and Elyse so much!
When she woke up from her nap, Kathy and I were going to take her to see the Winter Wonderland Express at the Chicago Botanic Garden, but she decided not to nap, so we didn't feel right taking her. We have gone every year since they started having this exhibit and we highly recommend it. We'll go tomorrow instead! Anyway, it's such a Winter Wonderland outside right now, I think it's probably best to stay home today.
The picture is of our living room, cleaned up and decorated for Christmas. We haven't done a lot of "decking the halls" this year. We have been trying to keep our hearts in the season, and trying to embrace the joy and all, but we also have our hearts in July and we are missing the baby that should be with us for this Christmas. Thankfully this season doesn't normally make us blue, as it does for some people, so the blues we are dealing with aren't amplified by those "normal blues". Maddy is really into Christmas this year, and having such a great time singing Christmas carols and telling us stories, that she continues (as always) to lift up our spirits and to remind us to be thankful for the good health and comforts that we have. That is worth its weight in "Silver and Gold".
Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas Eve Eve.
Marc
1 comment:
How was Bingo?!?!? We had so much fun playing Bingo tonight. It definitely helped us pass the time away while we waited up for midnight. We played some games for prizes and some for money. Everyone payed 25 cents to play every game. I didn't win...but that's okay!
I wish I had something wise or profound to say about everything you and Kathy have been through this year. I cannot even come close to empathizing. I'm pretty much a glass-is-half-full kind of person and I do think Maddy is a great kiddo. She is so fun and we love that Jordan has her as a friend. I'm also a believer in God and that he has a reason for everything even if it seems like it doesn't make any sense and it's not fair.
Post a Comment