Thursday, December 18, 2008
Last Potty Update- For Now
I am flush with news about Maddy's potty experiences. We are in the 4th day of 100% dry. She made one poopoo on the potty yesterday (the crowd roars!!) but had a little poopoo accident in her big girl underpants today. Does that count against 100% dry? Yes, I suppose it does, even though it was only poopoo. I correct myself, let's make 95% dry. Either way, I count this week as a huge success. I believe we are officially potty trained! Woohoo! As Marc and I talked about the Potty Party and the whole idea behind it, it's really for the parents, not the kids. It is a chance for the parents to commit themselves to no more diapers, and it is a huge committment. The kids get to celebrate their independence and feel some self control, but really, the parents are the ones being trained. At the very least we train each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woo hoo!!!!! Ah, I'm so not looking forward to that! I know what you mean about the parent thing. I think parents make such a difference in how kids deal with things. I think at some point you just have to say your done and make it official for yourself and for Maddy. Of course, I have no club what I'm talking about...talk to me in another year or two and I'll get back to you!
Post a Comment