I have been feeling a little down this week. I think it's a combination of a lot of things, but I am feeling particularly down about school. It really got to me this week. I decided not to go to the 8th grade graduation tonight because I didn't want to be a crying fool in front of everyone, plus I just didn't feel like it was in me tonight. It's the first time I missed since I started teaching there. I even went when Maddy was a new baby, and last year when I was on leave. Maybe I will feel better about it next year.
I also gave away a bunch of baby gear, and that was extra, extra hard. I am so glad to give it away to someone I know (Duke), that brings me a little comfort.
I was having a quiet, sad moment with a little well up in the eyes and Maddy ran upstairs, picked up her pink baby, her favorite little pillow, her unicorn and her blanket, came back to me, climbed in my lap and told me to hug everything. She then started singing It's Alright to Cry, a song from Free To Be You and Me. It was the sweetest thing ever. That kid is amazing.
4 comments:
Aw, that is so sweet that she is taking care of you. Sorry you are sad. Wish I had more to say...love you!
Oh Kathy that Maddy is a gem. She is already so intuitive. I'm sorry you are feeling blue, there's nothing worse when you feel down and can't get out of it. I was just there last week and you emailed me the perfect article. I wish I could give you the comfort you gave me. You're going to be great next year! The kids will LOVE YOU and you will be an incredible teacher!
Kathy, I'm so sorry you were down. I can only imagine how you are feeling about school. It will be a hard/huge change but you are SO amazing that next year has no choice but to be a fantastic one for you & the kids. It was a really hard year for me too but I'm sure for completely different reasons. I have been a crying fool numerous times in the last 2 weeks, in front of parents, and at this point have moms running away from me because I make them cry too. It's awful. We would love to see you this week if you guys are around...
I love you Kathy.
Post a Comment