Sunday, June 6, 2010

Daddy Daughter Day


Maddy and I had a daddy/daughter day on Thursday. I had the day off from work, and Kathy needed a day off from work, so it was "me to the rescue".

Maddy and I started our day off at Brown Park, where we met Sam and Sam's mom for some play time. Brown Park is a fenced in park, so we could enjoy our time without the need to chase the kids down if they got the inspiration to go the distance. Maddy is just the right age for the equipment at the park, too. She can finally climb on everything they have and still enjoy the stuff for the younger kids.

After the park we headed off to Costco. I have these tires on my car that seem to LOVE nails and screws. In the past year I have had three nail/screw punctures including one in the side wall of one of my tires. So, I needed a new tire. The plan was to eat lunch and walk around at Costco while they replaced the tire, but the line at the tire place was huge, and we couldn't wait that long because of a later appointment at Apple. So, we didn't even go into Costco. We ended up at Steak and Shake for lunch. Food yummy. Shouldn't have gone there. Bad idea for me. But Maddy had a great time. Then we were off!

Apple. What more can I say. Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom on the Mac for Maddy, and a new H key for the 7 year old laptop. 7 years... wow. I can't believe that machine is still usable. It's a Powerbook G4. Works decently. The fans kick on a lot, and YouTube videos are slow and jerky, but it gets the job done. I should say, it gets the job done better now that there's an H key on it. Maddy got a little playful with the keyboard and it popped right off.

By two o'clock we were back home. We had some quiet time and Kathy headed out with my car for a visit to Costco to get the new tire and some other stuff she wanted to do... something about Steinmart. Maddy and I planted flowers in the back yard and played in the sand box. Bath. Bed. The end.

Marc


1 comment:

Jen Vincent said...

Fun!!! Jordan and Chad are going to have lots of bonding time this summer! It's fun to get a break now and then. :)