I took Marc on a Father's Day canoe trip around the Botanic Gardens. When I signed up I thought Maddy would be joining us, but kids had to be 5, so she can go next year. (Really, 5 next year??)
Maddy and I made waffles with peanut butter syrup for breakfast, while Marc slept in an extra 30 minutes. We had to be there around 8:45 AM so right after breakfast it was off to Grandma's. Maddy spent a few hours with Grandma while were on our canoe outing.
It was so much fun. We have never been on the water at the Gardens. They do not have public boating, with the exception of this one rare event. I would go back and do it every year.
Oh, all the fuzziness in the pictures is thanks to Maddy's smudge on the camera lens. I realized it part way through the excursion and cleaned the camera. I would have kept it if I could have framed it right around my face for a Diane Sawyer type glow.
Here I am getting my gear, and glowing around the hips.
Marc in his gear with a glowing paddle.
The morning was overcast with occasional light drizzle. It was perfect for canoeing. It was calm and peaceful and gave us beautiful views of the Gardens.
Marc had as much fun as I did. We make a good team, we canoe well together. Perhaps that could be a good test for a mate, canoeing well together. If one person is critiquing and criticizing the others technique, or blaming the other for canoe issues- well, that says a lot, doesn't it?
Self-portrait. This one makes me laugh. I had to guess and shoot, and I got it on the first try!





2 comments:
What a terrific idea. Looks like the 2 of you had a great time.
Fun!!!! That looks so cool! I used to go kayaking over at the lake at Independence Grove with a camp I worked at and I loved it. Glad you guys got to go on your own, that's great!
Post a Comment