Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Night- Already?

This week FLEW by! Phew! I didn't even feel that busy. Marc wasn't feeling his best this week, we passed around the strangest cold, but I think we are all just about over it now. I'm not really even sure what we did all week. I was looking through my camera for a picture or two to share, but I didn't find much.

I made this for a friend's birthday today. She doesn't have it yet because I keep tweaking it. Marc so delicately pointed out that the name label is upside down. When I tell you what it is you'll go,"Ah, yes, it is upside down, good job, knucklehead."

It is a sleeve for a Starbucks cup, you know, in place of the brown paper thing you grab to keep your fingers from getting burned. It not an original idea. I've noticed them all over blogville. This particular design is all mine, that's why I did it wrong.

Blasted seam ripper.

Once I figure out how to do this a much easier way, with no seam ripping, I'll be surprising many of you with your very own coffee cup sleeve. Be on the look out.

Now I wish I could embroider, the sleeve is crying out for more embellishment, don't you think? Since it's still in my possession, I could do something about that, let me think on it a bit. Or not. We shall see.

2 comments:

hbonfield said...

Original idea or not, it's a GREAT one! I love this.

Jen Vincent said...

I think it looks great! I like the leaves! I think that is enough embellishment. I tried to make one of these a while ago. I was going to give it to Rob for his birthday in January and Chad thought it was silly. I didn't really get the sizing quite right. I would have never thought of vel-cro. I just made one that is all one piece...and it was so hard to sew it together as one piece. Love the vel-cro idea. Did you put anything in the middle? I put some batting from a quilt in to the middle, I read that somewhere online...