Marc decided last night after Maddy went to bed that he was going to take her to his school school for Take Your Child To Work Day. His school is very supportive of the kids coming in, they plan all sorts of activities and kids can go sit in on specially arranged classes. Plus, Maddy thrives on all the extra attention. This is not a kid who will hide silently all day, this is a kid who will say hi to every high school kid who makes eye contact.
So for me, it's a much needed mental health day. It's 9:12 AM right now and I am already feeling loads better than the past few days. I am going about my same routines, just quietly, and alone, and with some peace. I don't need pampering, I just need peace.
With that said, I am off to the grocery store, then I am going to come home and cook and clean up a storm!
Whoohooo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment