Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Odd Story


We visit the mall every MWF for Gymboree classes. Maddy loves them and I think they do a very nice job. Today at the mall a variety of vendors had booths set up to display their wares and/or services. One guy had a whole sound system set up and he was semi-karaoke singing to promote his educational/motivational/positive thinking school programs. I think. It was a little odd. He looked like a wedding singer. Maddy thought it was great. She was all about sitting to listen to the guy sing. No one else seemed to be stopping by. In fact, the other shoppers were avoiding eye contact and passing as fast they they could. In just a blink of an eye she looked like she was going to start working the crowd for change. She had a tambourine, she was dancing around. It reminded me a bit of Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon. I thought he might ask her to join his act, he needed it.  So for 20 minutes or so it was me, Maddy and two old guys, one might have been the singer's father.

I'm considering posting a little video I took, but I feel a little weird about it. I don't know this guy and I'm not sure I want to post video of him on my site. Would that weird you out? Do you ever consider you might be on some stranger's web site because you were walking through the mall and now you're in the video posted to their Facebook or their blog? I guess nothing is private anymore, if you go out in public you are probably in pictures and video that you never even knew existed.

2 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

But now you went and got us all curious so you HAVE to post it. :)

Jen Vincent said...

Very weird...I'm scared to see it. I may have to cover my eyes and watch it through my fingers just because I have a freaky picture in my head!