Thursday, April 16, 2009

Go Find Something To Do

Maddy was looking for something to do/get into, so I handed her my camera and told her to take pictures of the cats. One hundred photos later (it took about 20 minutes) she had completely documented everything in our house at her eye level. Her pictures are hysterical. Unfortunately, some of them show off my housekeeping skills (lack of) so I choose not to share them, and a whole series of them focus on the toilet: around the toilet, the sink, the toilet top, and yes, a deposit she made in the toilet. I choose not to share that one here, but if you really must see it, I will email it to you upon request. Don't overload my email, please.

For your viewing pleasure I have included a few highlights.


Self Portrait


I left it in exactly the same format as it came off the camera.








Happy Meal Toy 


She has never eaten at McDonalds, so I don't know where this came from. I only make homemade food from organic, grown in our own backyard, fresh fruits and vegetables. I can't even type that without laughing out loud.



One Cat


This is our crazy cat, Blackjack. He was so distraught with grief after his buddy Finnegan died the vet prescribed Prozac. No lie. He's over it now. He does have a milk obsession, and is lactose intolerant. Way to go. If I give in and give him a little bowl of milk I'm cleaning up vomit in an hour. If I don't give in he cries and cries and cries. It's like having, gee, like having a 3 year old! Jack (for short) really likes Maddy, but he's also terrified of her. I think he is a wee bit schizophrenic, but we love him.


The other cat, Emily, was in the bad housekeeping group of pictures. There were about 10 of her.


Red Boxes


Furnace filters, hmm, nothing, I have nothing to say about it. I wonder what grabbed her, the color perhaps?






Top o' the Toilet. 


This yellow toilet is original to the house, circa 1962. It flushes like a monster! We love it. The matching sink and tub are just as charming. Can you see how she is holding the camera at eye level and snapping pictures? I am very, very grateful she didn't drop it. 


Door Knob


Maddy took at least 6 pictures of the door knob on the bathroom door. She must really focus on it when she is sitting on the sunshine toilet. She even varied her distance, she has several close up shots.


Toe-sie Whoa-sies


I think this one might be my favorite. Do you see her little piggies at the bottom of the picture? So sweet. She is sitting at the top of the stairs looking down. She knows these stairs well. These are the time-out stairs. (Mwaahaaaa, evil mother laugh)

2 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love your lactose intolerant milk obsessed cat. Why are there so many high maintenance cats out there?

Jen Vincent said...

Very cool!!!! She took some great pictures! I love the digital-era where it doesn't cost any money to let kids take millions of pictures!