Last night we lost power for about an hour and a half, meaning I couldn't finish Idol. But Idol is not why I write about it. I write because we sat in the dark for an hour thinking that surely at the electric company there was an alarm going off on a huge map of my town showing our little block in the dark. At the very least someone must have called it in.
No and no. An hour into it I asked Marc to call and report it and when he did he found out the electric company did not know of our little problem and was dispatching someone immediately. Thirty minutes later we were back on, phew, because you know I hate to sleep in the pitch black dark. Even the glow of my bedside clock helps.
Aren't you glad you read my blog? Look at the great wisdom I share with you. Always call in your power outage, because you think they know and really they don't. Notice how I always learn it the hard way first, then share it with you so you don't have to suffer. How very generous of me. Since I'm sharing words of wisdom I have learned the hard way, I have another, actually I have many because I was a curious kid. If you are going to touch an electric fence, do not use a green plant. Use a dead stick. See, I saved you again.
Your turn, please share one of your "I learned it the hard way" lessons!
No comments:
Post a Comment