Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wisconsin Trip Part 1

Hello blog, I feel like I have been gone forever. Since we have been back I have had trouble staying awake late enough to do my blogging. I have a feeling that will be a problem for me when we go back to school. I am going to post some of my favorite pictures and memories of our trip to Wisconsin in parts. Tonight is Part 1.

We left on our trip on July 4. It was an 8 hour drive and we wanted to be there in time for fireworks, so we had to skip the local parade and festivities this year. We still dressed for the occasion.
Yeah, she likes to pose. Sometimes.



My little firecracker at Lake Namakagon.




Maddy did NOT like the fireworks. Our plan was to pick up our rental boat and watch the fireworks from the lake. The mosquitos and the screaming child changed our plans. We watched them from the beach. Then we watched them from the stairs up to our cottage. Then we watched them from inside the cottage. Then Maddy went to bed covering her ears and whimpering. Ah, the 4th, when true Americans get to play with explosives in honor of the defeat of King George III.  One night isn't enough, either, oh no, how about a week of explosives right at dusk each night, when small children are trying to fall asleep. Good times.

I wonder how the bald eagles we saw around the lake liked it?

I am not a party pooper, really I am not, I just think one night of professionally deployed fireworks is enough.

The End.

2 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

Great pictures! I love the 4th. I was kind of sad that I didn't really get to celebrate it this year. I did get to watch the neighbors across the street setting off fireworks from our bedroom window. Jordan wasn't really all that excited by the fireworks either. Chad took him out and then he was quickly complaining and asking to come back in. They'll love fireworks some day!

Unknown said...

I've missed your blog. Glad you are back from all of your adventures and blogging again. I hope Charlotte likes fireworks someday because I love the 4th of the. July. However after reading your post and Jen's I thinkin fireworks and little kids aren't a great mix.

Love how grown up your sweet Maddy is.