I have a few more pictures to share before I wrap up my posts about Spokane.
Before I do that I just wanted to give Maddy a shout out because she was so awesome on this trip. She was delightful and charming and such a trooper. We didn't have a lot of down time, other than car time, but she held it together so well. She had trouble saying goodbye to everyone at night, but that was really her only trouble spot. She was great at the airports and on the plane rides, whew, what a relief. When we said goodbye to my brother and his family I found Maddy in the RV with my brother and my nephew. She was standing with her hands clasped in front of her, using her most polite voice inviting them to come visit us in Chicago. It was so darling and a moment I don't think I'll ever forget.
We spent a day together at Silverwood Theme Park in Hayden Lake, Idaho. It's not as big as Six Flags, but it had enough for all of us to spend an entire day playing, including the water park.
This is me on the kiddie roller coaster. This is my kind of ride. :-D
I am sitting with my niece, Maddy is behind me with a 6 year old friend of the family, and my sister-in-law behind her. Marc pointed out that it was all the girls in one picture.
Marc and Maddy are on this ferris wheel together. They are in the red car at the top right. See? Marc is waving.
Here they are again, red car, Marc waving.
Evidence, we really were in Spokane.
This is the ride over the Spokane Falls. The Spokane River cross right through downtown Spokane. You can ride a loop over and back to see it up close and personal. The falls also provide about 30% of the electricity for the area through the hydro-electric dam.
I love this one of Marc and Maddy.
Did you ever see the movie Benny and Joon with Johnny Depp? If you haven't, put it on your Netflix list, or your TiVo wish list, or whatever you do for movies. It's not bad, and it was filmed in Spokane. It was some of Depp's earlier movie work, from 1993.
We were chilly on our last day and didn't bring with us from the hotel our long sleeved shirts, so we stopped off at a sporting goods store and picked up some WSU gear. Washington State University is my alma mater, and the year I graduated was also its centennial year. Lucky me, I found a shirt that really says 1890, but the 90 is big and the 18 is small, so it works very well for me, class of '90.







2 comments:
It just looks like too much fun! I love Benny and Joon! It's one of my favorite Johnny Depp movies! (I had no idea it was filmed in Spokane!)
Kathy you look beautiful in these pictures!
Post a Comment