Last week the three of us flew to Spokane to see the family. My brother, his wife, and their 2 kids drove over from Seattle in a RV (RV!!) and met up with us to see my sister and spend some time together.
It was definitely a trip of ups and downs for me. I won't go into the family stuff here, but I was sleepless a few nights. Part of that is staying in a hotel with Maddy. I kept waking up and jumping out of bed to check on her. I had so much trouble leaving her alone and letting go so I could sleep.
Maddy ADORES my brother, Ray. "Unca Way" is what she calls him. (She adores all of her uncles, my brother and Marc's two brothers.) When we sat down for our first dinner after we arrived Maddy cried when she couldn't sit next to him. We rearranged and she was happy again. You can see it here.
One afternoon we went on a boat cruise of Lake Couer d'Alene in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. If you ever drive west on 90 through Idaho, make this a stop.
My 14 year old niece was so very helpful. She was constantly holding hands with Maddy and paying attention to her. In the picture you see my niece, a friend of the family, age 6, Maddy, and me. We are walking down the boardwalk to the boat tour launch.
Here is my niece with Maddy.
My 12 year old (almost 6 foot tall!!) nephew wanted nothing to do with the silly girls. Just wait, girls will be all you think about in a few more years.
Here is my bother with me. Sorry, his face is in the shadow. You can see we all have some height to us. I think Maddy has the tall gene, too.
Maddy loved hanging out in our swagger wagon, she thought it was pretty cool. We had to get something big to fit everyone so the RV didn't have to drive around the whole area.
Look for more in Sleepless in Spokane Part Duh tomorrow!






1 comment:
Looks like fun! I'm going to try and plan ourselves a trip to Mall of America...Chad keeps talking about it. Seeing your pictures makes me really excited to take a vacation!!!!
Post a Comment