Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance

Guess what starts tomorrow?



Maddy's first dance class. It's through the park district and is more of a general dance class for 3 year olds, but she can wear these awesome ballet slippers. They are so tiny, you can't get that perspective in the picture, they are small than the palm of my hand. Can I be in love with shoes?

Two of her friends from school will be in her class, so I made all 3 of them special bags to hold their special shoes.




Because I don't embroider I just used fabric paint to add their first initial. I put dots around Maddy's but decided they weren't my fav so I left the dots off the other two.



Look how sweet those little shoes are peeking out of the bag! I love it. They have drawstring closures with a little toggle deal-y, I don't know what they're called. I figured the bags can be used to store the shoes as a keepsake when the class is done. Maddy is wondering when she can have pointe shoes. Hmmm... I think that's a long way off, let's get through the first class and we'll see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest bags I have ever seen. You are the best mom/wife/homemaker? Can I please be you?

When you make a book of your blog, I need you to make a copy for me. That way I can look up all your cute ideas to use on my Charlotte one day! You are so dang creative.

Jen Vincent said...

That is awesome! Great idea!!!! You are so much fun! I think you and I should secretly buy ballerina gear and sneak into the ballet room a-la Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...I think I'd go with hot pink versus the pastel pink though!