The day after Christmas we ventured downtown to visit the Adler Planetarium. It was my first trip to Adler. We couldn't believe what a great day it was for a museum visit. It was cold and snowing, but we were able to get street parking almost right in front of the entrance. There were very few people there, so we could go to two shows with no trouble at all. We loved it. Maddy had a great time, she loved the Big Bird show about constellations. She can tell you all about the Big Dipper. I can't wait to lie in the grass at night and find it in the sky next summer.
Do you see her in the corner of this picture? It makes me smile, she's so tiny. This is one of those displays set up so you can take your picture.
The big downtown museums allow teachers to visit for free if you show your school ID or teaching certificate. We brought our lunch with us (yay for packing a lunch to the museum, it's a must!), so our only real expense for the day was Maddy's ticket.
Next year I would like to go stay the night in a hotel on 12/26 and try to visit two museums and go to a show. I think that would be an awesome tradition.

1 comment:
Fun! I am so ready for summer!!! I can't wait to be able to go downtown again and not be completely freezing! :)
Post a Comment