Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ebony and Ivory

Behold, our lovely, new (to us) piano.

This piano was donated to an auction at Marc's school. We closely watched the bidding all day and only one little bid was placed, so using our best Ebay "strategery" we topped it in the last few minutes of the auction. The best part was that the deal included the delivery of the piano. That was the only way the school agreed to take the piano in the auction. Since we had to bid with just a crummy old picture for viewing, we are pleasantly surprised at the excellent condition of the piano. It needs a tuning, but it still has a very nice sound.




We have been enjoying it every day. I took lessons as a kid, but having played only sporadically since I was 12, I would say I have been stuck at about the beginner level 3 for almost 30 years. I am working hard to become intermediate. Marc took some lessons when he was young, but he has the ability to play very well by ear. I can't play by ear at all- zero, I must read music, Marc does better without the music.

Maddy loves to have a seat and play away while singing. She can actually do a pretty good imitation of Jingle Bells. If you sing it to yourself you'll notice the first few measures don't change notes much.

You are all invited to come over and play!

No comments: