That little Maddy trekked all over the aquarium with us. We went to see the sharks (her favorite), the jelly fish, the belugas (my fav, Marc's too), the dolphins (not performing, acclimating to new tank), the penguins, and her other favorite, the yellow submarine. Here she is with her faux SCUBA gear on. (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus, thank you Miss DuBois, 7th grade science teacher)

I was very proud of myself for packing our lunch, I am getting quite good at this now. I might actually turn out to be a pretty decent lunch maker after all. It was nice to have our lunch, the junk there was trés, trés expensive and the lines were long and tables quite crowded. We went to the lunchroom area provided for lunch bringers and ate with one or two other families in the only quiet and not crowded part of the entire building. Score one for mommy.
We then zipped over to the Field Museum to visit the bones. Maddy really wanted to see dinosaur bones, especially since Curious George has such a great adventure with bones. This is Sue, the giant T-Rex. Isn't she cool?
We went upstairs to visit the room of dinosaur bones. I had never been to this room before, so it was cool for me. Maddy told us how we were supposed to look at the exhibits. She told us to put one hand on our hip, one hand on our chin and say, "Hmmmm." So we wandered around saying "Hmmmm" quite a lot.
We ended the day by going to a fabulous vegetarian/organic restaurant in Evanston called Blind Faith Café. This makes up for all the money I saved on our lunch. It was expensive, but oh, so good. Maddy had a cone o'fries. Yes, I served my kid fries for dinner, handmade, handcut fries with organic ketchup. That's two vegetables. I had lemon gnocchi with sea beans, which I loved, and Marc had Hong Kong Noodles, which he completely devoured. Yum-o.

3 comments:
What a fun day. I'm so proud of you for packing your own lunches. Impressive.
Your dinner looked and sounded delicious.
I love how you had to wander around the museum saying hmmm in the classic hmmm pose. That picture was fantastic. I love that Maddy.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I was laughing so hard as I read your comment. It sure made me laugh about the whole situation today. I guess it wasn't so bad to see the throw up, at least it didn't get all over me. That seriously would be the worst. I think it's going to be awhile before I eat a hot dog again after hearing your story!
You guys are having summer fun without us! Well, not that you have to go with us everywhere all summer, but I just finished school today! :) I'm ready for my summer fun, just a little jealous.
I love the museum pose! So cute! Isn't it awesome that she knows that stuff!
I love the pack your own lunch idea...it's so much better. We have been out to eat so much lately I'm so tired of eating in general. A homemade lunch sounds awesome. Miss you guys.
The T-Rex was so cool. I love dinosaurs. Good thing too, because I feel more like a dinosaur now than I ever have, and it gets worse with each passing year.
Post a Comment