- epis·to·lary Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or suitable to a letter
2 : contained in or carried on by letters
3 : written in the form of a series of letters
(Here is my official citation:)
"epistolary." Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. 2009.
Merriam-Webster Online. 3 September 2009
What epistolary novels would you recommend? (my choices are kids's novels and picture books, hey that's what I read)
Regarding the ... series by Kate Klise
Dr. Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
Dear Mrs. La Rue by Mark Teague
The Jolly Postman by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Want to try:
The Naked Mole Rat Letters by Mary Amato
2 comments:
I absolutely love the epistolary novel 'Fair and Tender Ladies' by Lee Smith. The narrator, Ivy, is a girl growing up in Appalachia. There's something so personal and sweet about reading the story of her life through her letters - and in this case, with phonetic misspellings and all. Wow, I haven't thought about that novel in years, but now your post has made me want to go find it on my bookshelf :-)
This is my word! Thanks! Very fun. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. LOVED IT! I thought it was very well done, it's historical but also tells a great story. Cried (woo hoo!) at a moment I totally didn't expect to, but it was perfect. Definitely recommend!
Post a Comment