Friday, September 11, 2009

Roasted Tomatoes and Cipollini

I literally put down my fork a moment ago and raced over here to blog about this amazing recipe posted recently at Smitten Kitchen (not Smitten Kitten, remember I told you once that site had a completely different purpose, unless "cooking in the kitchen" means something totally different to you). I made it exactly as described (I even used garlic on my hot bread- a must) and I can't believe how excellent it was. I have never used the cipollini onions before and was quite surprised to find them at the grocery store. Roasted, they become soft and sweet and lose their onion-y flavor, they are awesome! My favorite part was the bread soaking up the juices. I think I could eat a whole loaf of bread this way.
You certainly could have it as a side with some pasta, but I'm tellin' you now, you won't want your pasta. This is a perfect Friday night meal, it takes just a few minutes to prep, then throw it in the oven and eat when it's done.

No comments: