http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=333213
I made this for dinner tonight, loved it!
The recipe makes 8 personal serving size pizzas, but if you want to make a large pizza, it will make two. You might want two. I threw everything in the fridge and we're having the second pizza for dinner tomorrow night.
I love the crust, I made it in my stand mixer with a dough hook, but kneading it by hand is what the recipe calls for, and there is a certain zen feeling you get when you knead your own dough. I sprinkled a little bit of cornmeal on my pizza pan to give it a crunchy bottom crust. I also switched out the Greek cheese for a nice mild Fontina cheese. I love it because it's not oily and it bubbles up nicely and gets a tiny bit of crunch. Yum. I also switched the parsley out for basil, but I think you can leave it out completely if you wanted to cut back on extra ingredients.
I think next time I'll add the spices to the sauce, many of the comments on the site recommend it. The spices just seem a bit dry sprinkled on top, but still yummy. I think I am going to make a 4x size batch of the spices to keep in my cupboard. Yum.
Give it a try, it looks like a lot of work, but it's not that bad, and it's much, much better for you than, say, a deep dish from Lou's. I do love Lou's.
Oh, and Marc and I ate the whole thing. :-)
2 comments:
Those look great! They make me think of the pita pizzas Jessica Seinfeld has in her book. Homemade has to be better though. Look great! I'm getting up the energy to make my chessy gruyere bread from King Arthur flour again...soon.
This is the best pizza we've ever made at home. This is the one recipe I think we'll be able to stick with!! It's so good. I could eat it every day of the week. That's why I have Kathy; so I won't.
Post a Comment