Sunday, September 6, 2009

Renaissance Faire Do-Over

We decided to try the Renaissance Faire again since last time Maddy wasn't feeling her best and missed out on a lot of the fun.
We had beautiful weather again and packed in a lot as much fun as we could. It is the end of summer, after all, time to go crazy.
Here is Maddy on a pony ride. She can do it all by herself now, we don't have to walk next to her anymore. Awww, she's growing up.Maddy was dressed as a fairy princess. Last time she was dubbed Apple Blossom by one of the workers. We called her Apple Blossom the whole time. Here she is getting a lovely butterfly painted onto her face. We chose the cheap $5 butterfly that fits on the cheek, but the gal turned it into the very fancy around the eyes type butterfly with glitter. Maddy loved it and still has remnants of it on her face that she refuses to wash off.
We went to the petting zoo and met this little guy, a very sweet baby porcupine with an affinity for duct tape. I think his name should be Harry.
Maddy liked the goats, but they were a bit aggressive and kept chasing her looking for handouts.

We stopped to watch the royalty parade through the grounds. They looked like they were having a lot of fun, Maddy sure enjoyed watching them.
I think we will go again next year, Maddy really enjoyed herself and we had a nice time, too.

1 comment:

Jen Vincent said...

I will never forget when we were on vacation at Dollywood...at least I think it was Dollywood...my parents let me get a big colorful drawing on my face. I think it was yellow with blue...it might have been a butterfly but I kind of think it was a bird. i didn't really care, I just remember having my face covered and feeling beautiful.

I think I would like to go, I'm not sure I would want to go with Jordan, I guess I would, but I think it would enjoy it more being able to really enjoy it. It makes me think of Ann Boleyn, we read The Other Boleyn Girl for book club last year and it was great.