Sunday, May 30, 2010

Baby Beluga in the Deep Blue Aquarium

Yesterday I was given 4 VIP passes to the Shedd Aquarium, but I had to use them in the next two days. I looked up the hours for the Shedd and saw that they opened at 8AM all weekend because it's a holiday. Great, I thought, VIP passes and thousands of other visitors. Well, I had us up, showered, dressed and out the door by 7:30, and were parked in front at the meters (4 hours for $4) by 8:10. Because we had passes for 4 and just 3 of us, Marc found another mom from a family near us in line and we treated her to the other VIP pass.  Lesson- if you want to go the museum when it's least crowded, go when the doors open. We had a very nice, very uncrowded visit, but when we left- whoa boy- the line was out across the to the Field Museum. It must have been 300 people long. YIKES!!

Here are some highlights of our visit:

Checkin' out the jellies!


Aren't they dreamy?


Becoming one with the penguins.



Playing in the yellow submarine.


Maddy attempting a dramatic, damsel-like swoon.



A little nod to Lost.


Admiring the new show, including the 5 month old baby beluga. He was so cute!



After the Shedd we went out for Indian Food at the sister restaurant to our favorite Curry Hut. They opened the Curry House in the South Loop. It must be a little more upscale, they went from a Hut to a House. Maddy, who doesn't eat much beyond chicken nuggies and pasta, LOVES Indian food. Go figure. They brought her a mango lassi and orange ice cream because she is so darn cute.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

$4 dollar parking in downtown Chicago? That's a deal!

I love Maddy's little dress. I want an adult version.

I can't blame the people at Curry HOUSE for bring mango lassi and orange ice cream, she is SO DARN CUTE!

I'm so impressed Maddy likes Indian Food. If we ever make it back to Chicago, you'll have to help us acquire a taste for that fine food.

Liz said...

I love a day at the Shedd, and I can't wait until Andrew's old enough to do all the fun stuff Maddy was up to! We also go early & park at the meters, and are always out the door when time is up-I don't know why more people aren't in on that secret! Definitely looks like it was a fun day. I have never eaten at an Indian restaurant...now I am intrigued! You will have to give me some recommendations on what to try if I get up the courage to try it!

Jen Vincent said...

Fun! For a second I was confused because I knew I hadn't commented on these pics and the captions were new to me...and then I realized I saw them on FB!

What a fun day! We're all about getting there early, too. We left Great America today when it started pouring and there were people streaming in. I'm all about getting there early and getting busy! Love it!