YAY- the zipper is IN!
It took me 2 1/2 hours and I didn't have to rip it out even once. PHEW.
I did pin the heck out of it. It looked like some kind of torture device when I was done pinning.
I then hand-basted it into place. That was a really good idea and was part of the directions on the pattern. Unfortunately when I sewed in my zipper, the stitching went right over the top of my basting line so it was a pain to pull the basting thread out, but it's ok, because I didn't have to sew around all those pins. Basting also let me open the zipper to sew so I didn't have to scrunch the neckline through the machine.
So here is the finished zipper, we just need a bottom hem and a few doodads and it's done.
I tried it on Maddy and it fit, a huge relief because I could just imagine 2 1/2 hours on the zipper and the final product is too tight.
Look how nicely the left and right waistline seams line up! YAY! I am very pleased with that. Although I didn't have to rip out any stitches, I did pin and re-pin and re-pin and re-pin and re-pin to get the seams to match and the bottom of the zipper to lay flat and not scrunch.
(PS- Marc was home today and did the drop-off and pick-up for preschool so I could work. Love him.)


3 comments:
WOOHOO! Job well done, Kathy. You should be seriously proud of yourself. It looks fantastic.
That's awesome!!!!!! I love the picture with all the pins! I should be in bed, but I'm going through blogs...after I worked all night on Jordan's vest. I actually finished it! It's way simpler than your gorgeous dress though! I was doing really well until the directions had me all confused, I'm not sure I even did it right but it's gotta be close to what they wanted. I had to redo one armhole a couple of times. That drives me crazy...I feel like I make one little mistake that's easy to fix but then I get flustered and end up making a million more mistakes. Ugh.
YAY!!!! It looks awesome! It turned out so great. I'm so impressed! Seriously you are an inspiration to me. ONe of the reasons I wanted to learn how to sew was so that I could sew Halloween costumes for my kids one day! Way to go Kathy.
Post a Comment