Maddy really liked the kittens, the birds, the tortoise and she discovered the mice had babies. I sent her to the front desk to ask when they were born and she found out it was yesterday. Here is what one-day old mice look like.
Aren't they cute? They are about the size of the end of my pinkie. They really did move around, the mommy had to fetch them back into the log several times.
They are super duper cute in a nice cage in a nice pet store and not in my basement. With The Chipmunk Hunter around I don't think they would last long here. (By the way, at last count, we were close to 20)
Then we went into the thrift store on site and looked at all the goodies they had. Maddy found a little plastic animal cage for $2 and I found this lovely hardcover copy of Julie Andrew's first book, Mandy, for a whopping 50¢. It's a 1971 first edition copy, it's not perfect, but it's so great, I love it. She used Julie Edwards for many of her books.
We went to eat lunch at the farm's country kitchen restaurant and Maddy totally charmed the waitress with her very polite manners and ordered on her own chicken tenders and chocolate milk.
Next, we stashed our treasures in the car and went on a few rides.
The carousel.
And the train.





1 comment:
Fun! We have never taken Jordan to Lamb's Farm. I'm not sure why, I guess I still forget that they have all that cool stuff. I used to go to the pet store all the time as a kid but Chad doesn't like to go in and see all the animals in cages so we kind of avoid that. I think Jordan would enjoy it though! Don't forget the Country Bumpkin...let us know if you want to go. It's a little far for you, but it's really cute!
Post a Comment