Thursday, August 6, 2009

Masked Visitors (I was going to say intruders, but that sounds too scary)

How cute are these little guys?


I accidentally trapped them in the garage. Without their mother. I saw the mother waddle out of the garage as I closed it up for the night, but I didn't realize there were babies trapped inside.

They decided to have a playdate... with everything in the garage. Their were footprints over every inch of both cars, including the side mirrors. They pooped, they played and they didn't want to leave the next morning. Hey, it's practically a jungle gym, would you want to leave?

Marc left the door open for an hour and they didn't leave. He chased them around with a broom and they didn't leave. Finally, I think maybe they got hungry, two left and one stayed behind.

He really didn't want to go. When he was lonely enough he slid down from his post and slowly ambled out, taking his own sweet time.

Where are Old Dan and Little Ann when you need them?
(from Where the Red Fern Grows)

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Raccoons are so curious and mischievous. Once upon a time our camper was invaded by some while we weren't home. They played with pancake flour, syrup, sugar and all other food item they could open. And yes, they left their own individual "gifts" as well. There was a mirror on the closet door and it had little paw prints all over it. While it was a huge mess, to clean up I couldn't help but laugh and wish we would have had a secret camera set up to see all the fun.

Unknown said...

Raccoons are little devils. You portrayed them in a much friendlier light than I would have!

Hey you reading anything good these days? I'm 200 pages into Loving Frank and STILL can't get into it. I'm totally open for suggestions!

Jen Vincent said...

My face went, "Ew." When I saw those pictures. I think raccoons can be cute but really they just freak me out when they look at you. Gives me the chills. So creepy that they wouldn't leave! I'm picturing Marc trying to get them out of the garage!