Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Know I'm Nuts, But I'm Going To Try It

Sewing Patterns : Simplicity Patterns : Child and Girl Costumes

Maddy wants to be a princess for Halloween. Since this is my last chance to be home with her during Halloween, I am feeling like I want to make her a special princess dress.

I know, someone should just take my sewing machine away until this feeling passes.

I picked out this pattern at the fabric store. All the Simplicity patterns were $1 so I figured if I didn't make it beyond staring at the pattern it wouldn't be a huge loss.

This is going to be a big deal. It has a zipper. It has facing. It has a waistline and a hem. Oh dear.

I told Marc I would take it one section at a time and hopefully I can keep the seam ripping, and therefore the swearing, to a minimum.

If you click the link above you can see the pattern. It's dress C. I didn't want a Disney princess dress, I wanted a Maddy princess dress. I will choose pretty, shiny, princess-like fabrics to make it sparkle. I hope it works!

I shall post my progress here.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

so cute! i love it! you can add embellishments, like sparkly ribbon or something, too. i think you can totally do it. maybe one night i can come over with something to do...like digital scrapbooking and i can sit with you. i can help but i'm not sure how much help i can be. i usually have to refer to my mom at some point, i'm sure she'd be more than happy to help you if you seem to get stuck. :)

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh Kathy! So awesome that you are doing this!