
I didn't know...
1. how difficult being a parent really is.
2. how much fun we would have together as a family.
3. how much her pain would hurt me.
4. how much joy her joy would bring me.
5. how much love I would feel for Marc as a father.
6. how much love I could feel for Maddy.
7. how much pride I would feel for her successes.
8. how much my patience would be tested.
9. how much we would talk about poo poo and pee pee.
10. how much I would appreciate going to bed at night knowing the house is peaceful and safe and we will all get some much needed rest.
The list is not in any particular order.
Gosh, I have so many more, but 10 for now.
Do you have one to add about your own experience as a big person in a little person's life?
3 comments:
It must be the pregnant hormones or something because this post totally made me cry! I'm so excited but terrified for my baby to come. This post reminded that being a mother will be hard but it sounds like there will be nothing better! Thanks for keeping it real and sharing your sweet thoughts.
You are going to be a wonderful mom, Laura. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I have no doubt.
This made me cry too! I especially connect to feeling pride for their successes - Andrew is officially rolling over, and every time he does it he gets this big silly grin and it just overwhelms me. Who knew rolling over would be such a big deal?!? Such a good list...must think if I can add to it.
Post a Comment