My friend Jen was on spring break this week, as was Marc, so we hatched a plan to have Marc babysit Miss Maddy May and Jen's son Jordan while the big girls had a day in the city.
Side note- as a transplant, I love that everyone calls going to Chicago "the city." If you said that where I'm from no one would know what you're talking about. Which city?
I continue- Jen thought it would be fun to go on a chocolate tasting tour. Uh, yeah, hello, sign me up! Jen found a great place giving tours and off we went. The very first stop gave us about 5 different samples of treats and we were in heaven!

This picture is from Sarah's Candies (located in "the old Marshall Field's now known as Macy's"- that's all one
name).
<-----This is going to be Maddy's birthday cake next year.
Yeah right.
I really don't want to drone on and on about all the wonderful chocolate we had, and we had plenty, but I do want to share my very favorite thing, ok my two favorite things.
The first one is called Chocolate Delight and it was from an Italian coffee shop called Lavazza. The beauty of the drink is in it's simplicity.

One scoop of chocolate chip vanilla gelato.
Top with hot drinking chocolate (basically melted chocolate mixed with cream).
Let it melt together into a warm goo.
Drink.
Ahhh.
I also liked the hot chili pepper chocolate bar from Vosges. You just need one tiny bite because it is a naughty, naughty candy bar.
HOT!
2 comments:
I don't understand why you like the hot chili chocolate... to me it was bleh. Not awful, but WHY? I like chocolate to be comforting not "OW Why did you do that?!". But maybe that's what you mean by "naughty"... maybe you like a little "OW Why did you do that?"every once in a while. ;-)
love Pooh
Woo hoo!!! Chocolate!!!!! It was fun! I went through a little withdrawl yesterday. :( I'm glad I had my Frangos. I had the square one from Lavazza that I found in the bottom of a bag...didn't really like that one...tooooooo dark. Otherwise, I have fond memories of all the chocolates we ate!
Post a Comment