Thursday, January 29, 2009

March of Dimes

Ok, I am going to really lay out my story in a public forum, and I think I'm ready now.
Last July, Marc and I lost a baby at 22 weeks into our pregnancy due to multiple birth defects. The poor little guy had a terrible 4 part heart defect called Tetralogy of Fallot along with Down Syndrome. We are attending a support group and really working hard to deal with our grief. As part of our healing process we have decided to participate in the March of Dimes Walk for Babies this year. We are trying to raise money to help other families with babies in need. If you live in the area and would like to walk with us, we would love to have you join us and form an awesome team. If you can give $10 to help the cause, that would also be greatly appreciated. I added a link on the side of my page, everything can be done right from the March of Dimes website.
Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool thing to do and for a great cause! I've already put my donation in! Way to go Kathy. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Controlling My Chaos said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you must feel, but my heart goes out to you.

Anonymous said...

I love you Kathy. You did a very nice job with this post. As hard as it was to write it, and as hard as it was for me to read it, I'm so glad you did it. I hate that we have had to go through this, but there isn't anyone else in the world I would want to endure this with other than you.

Jen Vincent said...

Kathy (and Marc), you guys are a complete inspiration. Chad and I can't even come close to knowing what you guys have been through and how hard it has been but I am impressed by how strong you have been and how you have supported each other. We will definitely be there to walk with you!