
Marc and I just caught up to last night's American Idol episode. I alternated between tears of laughter and tears of, well, tears, just plain tears. The people chosen were all fabulous, and so many of them were very young. I liked the girl who visits nursing homes to entertain the folks there. She is very sweet. I also like the oil rig dude, because he is trying to support his family. Here's this big masculine manly man singing his heart out to help his wife and kids. Sniff.
Finally, the end with the young man who is blind. Sniff. I don't want him to just get a sympathy vote, I think he has a nice voice. Now, with all that said, what was with Ryan trying to give the blind man a high five? Was that oddly uncomfortable in a laugh out loud sort of way? He deserves it after the whole bikini babe thing. Puh-lease. Enough said.
Moment of truth- I probably would have tried to high five the blind person too. Oops.
(Another stolen picture, so sorry. I am ashamed.)
3 comments:
Woo hoo! Idol! My favorite was the guy who was blind. Last night there were a couple really good ones that I liked. Chad and I were both in shock when Ryan tried to high five the blind guy. And then we laughed. It's so easy to forget though. I have two students this year who are visually impaired...and hearing impaired. One is completely blind and the other has really bad vision but does get some visual input. It's amazing how successful they can be. It is a totally different way of thinking when you are interacting with someone who is blind.
Ha ha that picture is so perfect. I don't remember if he tried to actually give him a high five. How awkward.
I'm glad you are watching it again this year. Maybe I will have to fly out for the finale in the spring!
Laura you have to fly out! It'll be AWESOME fun to have you back for the second annual Kathy Garneau American Idol party. :)
Mar
Post a Comment