Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year! Finally.

I have been a little lax on my posting the past few weeks. Confession: I have been feeling pretty blue lately. I have been trying really hard to have fun with Marc and Maddy and enjoy the season and all the fun stuff that goes along, but sometimes I feel like I have been a fake. My grief this year has been harder than I care to admit. This is my third year without a Christmas newsletter because each year has carried along a loss I can hardly face at Christmas time. Ok, there's my pity party. The goal of my blog was not intended to rehash my bad stuff, only to laugh at my goofy stuff and share the fun we have together. So bad stuff- be gone with you- **POOF**!

2 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

Sometimes it is really hard to see the good in things. I believe in taking things one step at a time. Before I go to sleep every night I pray that tomorrow we'll be happier, healthier, and safer than we were today. That's all you can hope for.

Like you said 2008 is behind you now, the past is the past. I think blogging is a great way to express how you are feeling. When we were in the hospital with Jordan, being able to write about what I was feeling and then talk to friends made a huge difference to me. Let me know if you ever want to do a GNO - girls' night out...we can meet at Starbucks, or at Barnes and Noble where they have Starbucks. I still remember when I was pregnant with Jordan and we sat down and talked about all the scary things that were probably going to happen and you made me feel a ton better about everything. I'm getting kind of rambly, but I wanted to let you know I'm here if you need me. :)

Unknown said...

I just read Mrs. Vincent's comment and I wish I could go on a GNO with you guys. That would be good times.

I'm sorry 2008 was a hard year, I hope 2009 brings happiness and joy to your family.

I miss our talks in the library!