I really think Mommies should be able to earn Girl Scout badges for exceptional service in a time of need. Today was day 4 in the Maddy fever show. She woke up with a 102.2 fever again. I gave her a sippy cup of milk, and when I took her temperature "down there" it sent her into a crying and coughing fit. The milk cup then returned in the form of projectile vomit while I was holding her. I managed to get the two of us undressed and into the shower so we could clean off the unbelievable stench of milk vomit. During the whole event I was totally calm and composed and did an A+ job. I give myself a one day only mommy award. I'll mess up again some time very soon, and I'll be sure to share that one with you, too. For now, I did a good job.
To finish the story, it looks like Maddy's ear/sinus infection brought along a friend by the name of Virus, which is keeping her sick past the normal antibiotic range. Hopefully we will be all set for Friday and trick-or-treating. Keep your fingers crossed.
My question today is, what did you like to eat as a kid when you were home sick from school?
My dad would fix hot jello and let us drink it. It sounds awful now, but it was so soothing on our little sick bodies, we loved it.
PS- Doesn't this badge look like it's for bartending? What's up with that?
1 comment:
You definitely deserve a mommy badge! That does not sound like a fun morning! I'm sure Maddy felt comforted at least having you there with her, too. Is one day a year to honor mothers really enough? :)
I remember drinking lots of sprite with no ice whenever I was sick. My mom used to make me Ramen noodles, which my sister always called "snake soup".
When I got my wisdom teeth out I lived off of McDonald's strawberry milkshakes, yum!
I like the idea of warm Jello, it makes sense because you eat it cold doesn't mean you can't eat it warm. I always love the smell when it's warm, I'll have to add that to my mommy toolbelt.
Post a Comment