I haven't been able to find time for everything I want to do, but I can carve out little niches of time to do some fun things. I made this little brown dress for Maddy from a pattern I used last year to make her a Valentine dress. She traced her hand for the turkey, I gave it a little orange, a few features. I whipped up the turkey pretty fast on her second day home sick (fever, pink eye- read below). It made me miss being home with her and doing fun projects together. I think she felt it too.
Behind her you will see Maddy's turkey painting on the wall at school. Her turkey was the only one with a wattle because we had an entire discussion about it one day. :-) I love her.
It turned out to be a good thing she drew an enormous thumb when she traced her hand because I needed the room to make the turkey's face.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Kathy. That dress is so darling! You're so good to use extra minutes here and there to work on a project. I'm kinda in a project rut with no inspiration, and I feel like if I don't have all the time to bust it out I don't want to do. But you've inspired me to try to find SOMETHING to do!
Love that she put the wattle on the turkey. She's so smart.
Post a Comment