Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Little Halloween

Maddy wanted to be Fiona from Shrek for Halloween. We saw the ears at Toys-R-Us some time last spring and she was hooked. Of course when I went back to get them this fall they were gone, but thankfully I found them on Amazon. Phew. I used the same dress pattern from last year's princess dress, I just used a very slightly different version included in the choices- I took out the side poufs and added long sleeves. The fabric was a stretchy green faux velvet, it was great. Stretchy fabrics, though, can lead to some swearing. This dress has many more imperfections than last year's dress, but I just kept trucking along, since it is a costume, not the prom. Oh, and someone help me find some decent green face paint. I could only find kelly green in the little bitty crayons that were part of the $15.00 face paint kit. The individual tubes or tubs of green paint were army green. Maddy didn't care, she loved it, but it kind of makes Fiona look like an Army Ranger in a green dress. He he he.

This was taken at the Chicago Botanic Garden the week before Halloween.

This was out trick-or-treating. She wouldn't stand still. It's too bad she didn't have any fun.

1 comment:

Marc G. said...

This picture is so funny! I love that expression on her face. The running from house to house while holding hands with her friend V was another highlight of trick-or-treating.