Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Posted as Evidence

We have two cats. They remain secluded when we have company, therefore most people have not actually seen them. Until this day we never actually witnessed them (voluntarily) sit this close together before- ever.

Emily, the brown and tan stripey one, was on the chair first. Blackjack, the black one, walked up very quietly, didn't make eye contact, and gently jumped up to join her. They sat this way for a little while, and I had to run to get the camera because I am certain we will never see this again. Their peace was finally disturbed by a big fat raccoon who walked right up to the screened porch door and looked in as if he was feeling left out. Emily jumped up on the window ledge to check him out and Blackjack jumped down and made direct eye contact, just inches away. Good thing there was a screen separating all of us from a good scream-screech-scratch-a-thon that I am sure would have been inevitable.

I am just glad it wasn't a skunk.

2 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

That must be some pretty comfy seating for them to tolerate each other so closely.

Jen Vincent said...

Whenever you mention the cats I always have to remind myself that you actually do have cats! I don't think of your house as a cat house at all. That's kind of why I don't think I would want a cat as a pet. I like animals that want to hang out no matter what. I feel like cats do things on their terms and that would make me sad if I was ready to cuddle and they weren't!