The first two weeks of school really kicked my butt- however it was not school itself as much as it was learning how to juggle school and home and time with Maddy and laundry and groceries and the never ending list of things to do. Plus we had Maddy's open house at her school and my open house at my school in the same week. I am starting to feel a little more on top of things after a three day weekend playing catch-up. There are still about 4 loads of laundry to fold and put away after Maddy is in bed tonight, but we can do it. One thing is clear- our meals must be thought out in advance. No one is around to run to the store to pick things up anymore. Last week we blew it, but we are on top of it this week- so far.
Here is a Maddy-ism for you:
I had a jar full of lima beans that soaked in water for a science project at school. I brought home the jar with the last few remaining beans. They were about 4 days old, so they were a little ripe. Maddy opened it and said, "What an unpleasant aroma!"
Seriously.
The kid gets it from TV.
2 comments:
Teaching school is so draining, then to add a family and mother responsibilities on top of that, you must be completely wiped out! But it sounds like every day finding the balance gets a little easier.
Love the Maddyism. Thanks for sharing.
I'm so not looking forward to going back to school! I'm hoping I can get things really organized so we have an easy transition when I do go back. The beginning of the year is always the hardest!!! :)
Post a Comment