Friday, December 11, 2009

What A Great Day

Maddy and I had the most lovely day together. We went shopping for Christmas presents that would be from her to family members. We made a list and checked it twice and then we set out for the Dollar Store where I let Maddy take charge. She had a budget of $20 and we stuck to it (I kept track) and she marched around that place like a determined little shopper. She made quick choices when she found something for a person on her list. Only once did she put something back to make a different choice. We also bought gift bags and bows, because every gift needs a bow (says Maddy). Now they are all lined up under the tree, so sweet and done with such love. I can't wait for her to pass them out. A few of them are eh? gifts, but some of them are right on. I'll take a picture of her gift pile tomorrow when I have daylight.

This video I took right after lunch. Maddy was coloring a Christmas picture and was singing carols to herself. I sat down nearby and started recording. I love this one in particular because she starts directing the music, making it louder, softer, slower, faster. She learned that from Curious George (PBS).

2 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

Impressive! She's great! You may have a band/orchestra/chorus director in your future!!!

Liz said...

I definitely see some potential...Jen is right! She should guest conduct a concert for me :) Or just come take over and I will stay home with Andrew. Think she can handle it?? :)