Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Boyfriend's Back and You're Gonna Be In Trouble

Ok, not my boyfriend, HER boyfriend.

In March I wrote about Emily crying and waking us up at night because she wanted to go outside. We figured out why. There is a great big orange and white tomcat prowling around the neighborhood. He came right up to our kitchen door three different times to look inside.

One time I saw him crossing the yard so I thought I would let Emily out. HA! Big mistake.
Emily, who hides from every visitor, took off after the tomcat. I expected her to puff up her tail and hiss and growl and run back in the house. No, she chased him. Within seconds it was just like a cartoon with cats in a spinning ball with fur flying and paws sticking out in every direction.

I yelled for Emily to come back in the house, and she raced for me and hid under a table nearby. That was ok with me, she needed to catch her breath and calm down.

I guess they broke up because we haven't seen the tomcat around since. He needs a pretty girl who is not so high maintenance. Those inside cats are know for being spoiled.

Our brave warrior princess defended her home and kept her family safe from prowling tomcats. I'm so proud of her.

No comments: